Friday, January 28, 2011

Went to the court house.

I picked up my wife after she got off work and we drove to the family court to file various divorce application forms. The clerk in training was very helpful, showing us where to make corrections and explaining the forms. She also took our sworn statements and notarized them. I gave her $447 worth of money orders to cover the court fees. As long as everything was done properly, around about May/June, my wife and I will be exes.

I drove my wife back to her car and brushed the snow from it, as mine was already clear. She said, "You're being nicer to me than when we were married", a reference to the fact that we haven't considered ourselves as "married" in a very long time.

I said, "I used to scrape the ice from your car before I went to work in the morning."

"Not all the time."

Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment